Policy and Procedure for A Theatre Club Member
A Theatre Club (also referred to as “The Club”) is a not-for-profit organization in Ontario
A Theatre Club Member (also referred to as “Member(s)”)
The Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents and other Members (also referred to as the “Releasees”)
Meeting place - (also referred to as “meeting”) any space rented by The Club that is used for meetings, auditions, rehearsals, readings or recordings of productions
1. All Members are volunteers.
2. Release and Waiver of Liability - The Member desires to provide volunteer services for The Club and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer and hereby releases The Club its directors, officers and other Members from all liability while serving as a volunteer. The Member understands that the scope of Member’s relationship with The Club is limited to a volunteer position and, and hereby that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Member; that The Club will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to a Member; and that Member is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Member’s services to The Club.
3. The Member agrees to release The Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents and other Members (the “Releasees”) from any and all causes of action, claims, demands, losses, or damages which may occur or arise as a result of any activity undertaken with The Club or from any exposure to COVID-19 during their time at a meeting place, and further acknowledges and agrees that the Member will not commence litigation or otherwise seek to recover any losses or damages, or other compensation against The Club based on any action, claim, demand, losses, or damages, or any recourse whatsoever arising from any activity undertaken with The Club or from any potential or actual exposure to COVID-19 while attending at a meeting place.
4. Production(s) - The Club has the sole right to use, exploit (promote, market etc) in perpetuity, at its sole discretion any of the Members readings of a production be they live or recorded or other services provided by Members. If for any reason the Members involvement in any production is not deemed or determined to be owned by The Club then the Member hereby irrevocably assigns all such rights, results and proceeds to The Club. The Member hereby waives and relinquishes any ‘moral’, or similar rights to which the Member may be entitled to now, or in the future, to The Club.
5. Publicity and Privacy - The Member agrees not to give any interviews or authorize any publicity relating to The Club or to the Members services with The Club, without the express permission of an authorized person from the Club. The Member grants The Club the right to use the Members name, voice and likeness in the advertising, publicity, and promotion by The Club. The Member further agrees to provide her/his services for publicity or promotional purposes relating to the productions or The Club generally, subject to her/his availability. The Member undertakes not to disclose to any outside party any names, contact information and all other personal information belonging to other Members without their permission.
6. Property - The member shall help safeguard The Club’s Portable Recording Equipment property. Equipment shall not be left unaccompanied in public. The Members personal property brought to any meeting place including without limitation, computers, cell phones, vehicles, purses are not insured by The Club and remain the full responsibility of the Member.
7. As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Province of Ontario. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By submitting this form you have agreed to all provisions of this Policy and Procedure for a Theatre Club Member, you also agree to sign up to “A Theatre Club’s Newsletter”.
A copy of this completed form including your information and this Policy and Procedure for A Theatre Club Member will automatically be emailed to you at the email you provided.